Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Looking Back...Reflections of Lindsey Smart

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way, Go Aggies, Go Aggies, Hey Hey Hey! I remember my die-hard Aggie dad chanting this cheer to me in high school when he told me to consider Utah State University for soccer. At first, I wasn’t too interested in cold, little Logan, but looking back on my years as an Aggie I would not trade my experience here for anything.

Of course there were a lot of rough times; like the hard running days……..the practice this past preseason on the HPER field definitely comes to mind (everyone knows which one I am talking about!). Or the practice after Bear Lake when we were doing a lot of 120s and Lo and Syd decided to use one of their free 120s and got yelled at, ha ha I will never forget that. There have also been very frustrating times with injuries, especially when my calves were bad. However, all these hard times made the good times even better and made it all worth it. Having wonderful teammates helped everyone push through the hard times.

I will miss going on road trips with the girls, eating double the amount of calories than we burned, juggling dessert competitions, Goalie wars……sorry coach I mean 2 vs. 2 competitive shooting (Though I will not miss Lo and Mollie kicking the ball as hard as they possible could). I will miss the pillow fightsJ, laughing uncontrollably in the back of the bus with the fantastic five, playing tricks on Lo, and a bunch of other memories that are too numerous to list. The thing I will miss the most is definitely just playing soccer at a high competitive level and fighting for each other on the field while working towards a common goal. Not to mention having fun and kicking butt, while doing it! Two of the best memories that come to mind were winning the WAC conference last year and going undefeated, and beating UTAH at Rio Tinto stadium. Playing on that field in front of so many fans was unreal and one of the funnest games I have ever been apart of!

Looking back at my first collegiate soccer game as a freshman compared to where I am now, I cannot believe how fast it flew by. Though the wins and losses will be forgotten, the friendships I have made, the things I have accomplished, and the countless memories will last forever! Thanks to all my teammates who made it so much fun and worked so hard, the coaches for giving up their personal lives to do so much for us and USU soccer, and trainers (Hillary you are the best). You all made the experience so awesome! I love you!!! GO AGGIES!!

No comments: