Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflections.....of a Senior: Erin Salmon


Soccer has been my entire life and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to play at a college level. Not only did I get to play at a college level but I got to play at Utah State University. I don’t even know where to start with the memories and experiences I have had in my last four years, there are so many!

The first memory that comes to mind that I will never be able to forget was freshman year when I made the entire team run. First I got screamed at by coach and then after that I got yelled at by the scariest senior on the team. I have never felt so stupid in my entire life but I am happy to say that after my four years I am not the only freshman that this happened to.

My two favorite memories would have to be obviously winning the WAC Jr. Year and also senior year playing at Rio Tinto and beating Utah!! We seniors have always wanted to beat Utah and it was such a great feeling and opportunity to beat Utah our senior year and playing at Rio Tinto made it that much better!! Winning the WAC was such a great experience the whole entire season was a blast I enjoyed it every step of the way!

The only year I forgot to write about was sophomore year and how could I forget this year because this is the year that brought so much joy and laughter to my life…can anyone guess why? ……. Hello!!!! I got to meet Lo and Shio!! I am sure every girl that plays on this team while these two girls are here will have so many great fun memories to talk about for the rest of their lives. Thanks Lo and Shio I love you guys!!

I could go on forever about memories and experiences but it would be a novel. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had here at Utah State to play soccer. The girls that have come and gone on this team will be my friends for life! I love all of them and will never forget them. I had the amazing opportunity to come into this experience with two of my best friends and it couldn’t have been a better ending then to be able to end it with them. I am grateful for the coaches and all they have done for me. They were very patient with me because I had to come back from so many injuries and I am so grateful that they didn’t give up on me. I am sad to say it is over but I will never forget my experience playing Utah State Aggie Soccer!!!! GO AGGIES!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

P.S. Yes everyone I did love the free food..... J

No comments: