Monday, October 12, 2009

Aggies go 2-0 in Idaho!


Back Home! by Rachel Feuz

This last weekend we went back to my hometown Boise, Idaho. Thursday we flew in and went straight to training. Afterwards, my dad came and picked me up and the rest of the team went to check in at the hotel. It was really nice to see all my family. They made me the best homecooked meal. We were able to talk and visit for a little bit and see what's been going on with everyone.

Friday was game time! We got to the locker rooms and everyone did their usual pre-game ritual. We were all really stoked about this game. We knew that Boise State was going to come out hard at us. But we were ready for them. We won 1-0 by a sick header goal from Nano. Everyone worked hard the whole game and we didn't let up at all. Afterwards we went to my sister's apartment club house where my family hosted the dinner. Everyone's family and friends were included. Everyone had a ton of fun! My mom got a pinata and put all our WAC teams on it. We had Smartie go first. I'm pretty sure we were all scared that we might get hit from her swinging the stick so crazy! Next was Sammy who also ended up breaking it and everyone made a mad dash to get some candy.

Saturday, we flew to Spokane where we then drove to Moscow, Idaho. That night we ate at a place called Sangria's the food was really great. Sunday was game time! We beat University of Idaho 2-1 in double overtime. Sammy was the one who scored the game winner. I don't know how it went in! Afterwards we packed up and drove back to Spokane. We had dinner at P.F. Changs which was delicious. Then on Monday we finally made the trip back home.



No comments: